Brand New PB 12" 2 HARD Crashes. Video Problem...

J

jbsengineer

Hoping everyone can help me out with this one. I've have my new 12" PB 1.5ghz for a almost a month now. Been working EXCELLENT!! Until last week. I recently bought a iPod photo. So i've been loading songs and photos etc. Well a few days ago i plug the ipod in and while i go to click the docked itunes that is minimized on the right the screen greys and a message comes up saying i must reboot. Basically the hardest crash possible aside from your machine exploding. Well i shrugged it off. Well it happened again last night doing the exact same thing. Plugging the ipod in and unminizing itunes. So i shrugged that off to and vowed to not do what i did and be cautious. But i noticed something else tonight. I opened up ZINIO and all of this weird pink dots and lines were on the left and right of the ZINIO screen. I closed out. And opened up ZINIO again and there still there. Well O.K. So i reboot and now there gone right? Well i got to play a iMovie and there is all this Green dots and speckles in the movie. All flashing and such like freaking SNOW. Well so now i'm worried. i reboot and like magic everything is ok. So i start doing the normal, surf, songs, etc. Then i go back to imovie and it does it again. I rebooted, reset the pram, and repaired disk permissions. Started it back up and i have yet to get the green stuff back on the moving pictures. But i'm not so sure i'm ok. It seems there are little graphic glitches. Like dots being left ont e desktop. Like images arent (i dont know how to put it) cleaning up after themselves. Like once i hit the back button on safari. And the indented image on the back button stuck there. If you can understand what i'm saying. Just seems glitchy.

Now I'm suspecting a software issue cause it seems like when i rebooted it cleared stuff up. But i dont know. Should i wipe out my system? What would be the best way to do it without losing all my songs, photos, etc.? Would the install that archives save all my files? I am running an extended hardware test right now. It passed the quick test. So far it looks fine. Sigh.... Any thoughts? I'm really concerned that the crashes and the video may be related. Maybe currupted video drivers?

Josh

p.s. when i say the screen grays. i'm talking the one with like 5 or so different languages....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I suggest backing up your stuff, wipe the system, if the problems return, its hardware related, contact apple.
o, thats a kernel panic.

OP
J

jbsengineer

Macman said:
I suggest backing up your stuff, wipe the system, if the problems return, its hardware related, contact apple.
o, thats a kernel panic.

any kind of log i can view for the kernel panics?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
mac hd>users>your username>library>logs>crash reporter. you may find some useful info there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.