brand new epson 1400 stopped working...

Reaction score
I'm running OS X 10.4.11 on a powerpc G5. I bought a new Epson 1400 printer two weeks ago, and it worked great for printing CDs, documents and everything for a week and a half. Then, for no apparent reason, the jobs stopped. I'd restart the queue, then it would stop again. I have done all sorts of things to fix the problem, with no good results. Most recently, I:
-turned off the printer, and disconnected it from the computer and the wall, and let it sit for an hour, while I:
-completely uninstalled all of my epson software, and threw anything else I could find related to epson in the trash, and emptied it
-opened up Disk Utility, and repaired all permissions
-shut down the computer
-restarted it, and turned on the printer, without connecting it
-installed all epson printer software
-THE CATCH: at the point where the installer asks me to connect the printer, I do, then it asks me to add it to the printer list using the printer utility. I click add, and I get "error -9672." Every time.

I NEED to use this printer for work purposes, and I'm getting really frustrated. Please help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.