• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Bought a Videocamera

A

Atle.sengebusch

hi i got some problems to import my video from my new video camera. i am usign a firewire cable between my camera and pc, and i opened imovie and were i create project i choose DV videscreen that is the format from my camera. but when i movie from editing mode to camera mode, it just come up record from isight. i puttet my camera on playback, but have tried it with pc mode and taping mode.. but read somewhere that it must be on playback mode.. anyone can help me? would really apreciate it:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
hi i got some problems to import my video from my new video camera. i am usign a firewire cable between my camera and pc, and i opened imovie and were i create project i choose DV videscreen that is the format from my camera. but when i movie from editing mode to camera mode, it just come up record from isight. i puttet my camera on playback, but have tried it with pc mode and taping mode.. but read somewhere that it must be on playback mode.. anyone can help me? would really apreciate it:)

On iMovie, make sure that you switch the little switch below the preview window to the left to accept the external camera feed instead of the iSight Camera feed.

Brian

OP
A

Atle.sengebusch

what switch?
66431.jpeg

this one?
doesn't get it to work it is just the isight camera that starts, and i cant choose any other camera and cant press import.. any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
It might help if you could mention which brand and model of videocamera you have.

Does it use miniDV films or miniDVDs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
have tried it with pc mode and taping mode.. but read somewhere that it must be on playback mode.. anyone can help me?
I don't know what pc mode is, but the correct setting for the camear is playback mode, sometimes referred to as vcr playback. It is the setting that would allow you to play the content back on the cameras display or to a TV.

Maybe this past post will help.

OP
A

Atle.sengebusch

It might help if you could mention which brand and model of videocamera you have.

Does it use miniDV films or miniDVDs?
it use miniDV and it is a panasonic camera model NV-GS320

it seems like just if the camera was not connected, but i have used firewire cable put the camera on playback... what what more can i do? really anoying since i just got the camera and dond get to use it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
I'm afraid i'm at a loss, i'm sorry.

Brian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Another Panasonic uh. See if this link can help you out. It discusses a different model but the guy had a similar issue when the cable was hooked up correctly.

OP
A

Atle.sengebusch

it seems likee the firewire port is not working, do i have to turn it on? i tried connecting my external harddrive with firewire but that did not work either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Ouch, that's a bummer...

Check your system profile to see if it shows up there: Apple> About this Mac> More info... > Firewire

If not try zapping the pram and run the system diagnostic tests (Insert the included OS X DVDs nr 1, hold down "D" at startup)

OP
A

Atle.sengebusch

FireWire Bus:

Maximum Speed: Up to 400 Mb/sec

thats what it said there

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.