Booting up after a new hard drive installation

Reaction score
21.5 inch late model 2013 iMac.I just installed a new hard drive in this iMac. How do i install the yosemite OS X?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
OP
J
Reaction score
G'day Harry. Thank you for your quick response. The info on internet recovery is my best bet because i have not used time machine for a back up for Yosemite but i did download it on to a external Hdd from the Apple store, just in case all else failed.Like i said , the old hard drive is out and the new one is in, so now i have no choice, so i am going to reboot holding C+R and see what happens, they should have the OS X in recovery just like inserting the old disks and doing the utilities operation. Just think of your self taken out the old hard because it made strange nosies and replacing it with a new hard drive. Thank you for your input.
joh hagenberger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And suggest then getting an external and backing up withTM or cloning software. Invaluable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.