Bootcamp Questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz 24" Imac
Hey, i have owned my Mac now for about 8 months and have only recently been wanting to play some demanding windows games, i just had a few questions regarding bootcamp.

1) I have read that when the bootcamp partition is formatted in NTFS it is read-only by OSX, a way round this is to format it in Fat-32. Are there any issues that could arrise by using the fat-32 format?

2) i currently am running parrallels desktop for Cad software, i wanted to know whether parallels and bootcamp can be run independently with two seperate copies of windows. i know that parrallels can be used to control the bootcamp partition but that involves using the same install of windows. can i have OSX and then windows on parrallels and windows on bootcamp intalled without any problems?

3) Can the bootcamp install effect my mac partition?

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
$1()()0N$,

1) I think you're better off to format the Windows partition in Boot Camp as FAT32 so you can preserve 2 way transfer with OS X files. OS X can read NTFS but can't write to it yet, but they are working on that...

2) I don't see why not - that's treating each vehicle as separate with each using its own copy of windows. It's even possible to run the same copy on both vehicles if you use the same MAC value in each installation. I haven't gotten that to work yet myself, but I'm working on it :)

3) No... when you run Windows in Boot Camp, you're not using any OS X resources and there is no interface - OS X is basically shut down.

Noel

OP
$
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz 24" Imac
$1()()0N$,

1) I think you're better off to format the Windows partition in Boot Camp as FAT32 so you can preserve 2 way transfer with OS X files. OS X can read NTFS but can't write to it yet, but they are working on that...

2) I don't see why not - that's treating each vehicle as separate with each using its own copy of windows. It's even possible to run the same copy on both vehicles if you use the same MAC value in each installation. I haven't gotten that to work yet myself, but I'm working on it :)

3) No... when you run Windows in Boot Camp, you're not using any OS X resources and there is no interface - OS X is basically shut down.

Noel

Thanks. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.