BootCamp Error After Format of Drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel 8-Core Mac Pro 2 x 2.8GHz Quad 16GB RAM (4) 2TB HD MA970LL/A
I'm running Boot Camp wizard and after doing all the setups and downloading the files for windows drivers. When Mac Pro reboots and starts the install I'm at the Hard Drive locations and I choose the drive that was setup and of cource I need to format it. After the format windows need to add more files with drive partitions. I get this error (Windows is unable to install to the selected location: Error 0x80300024) Any thoughst????

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Jerry selecting the precise partition to format NTFS can be a little difficult. I have formatted an entire drive NTFS and erased OS X completely more than once. You still have OS X and it boots okay?

If so use BootCamp Assistant to remove the install and start again. That bit about adding files with drive partitions is very odd. Never seen it. And you are using a genuine Windows CD and not a house disc, such as a Dell install etc?

OP
wlatour
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel 8-Core Mac Pro 2 x 2.8GHz Quad 16GB RAM (4) 2TB HD MA970LL/A
Sorry for the Delay. Yes It is a Dell Windows 7 Pro. I do have a Genuine OEM Windows 7 Pro that I'm trying again Tomorrow. Just found my other pile of disc so I'm sure thats the problem. Thanks Warren

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
The Dell disc will never install.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.