boot up time

T

TylerMoney

hello

so, I estimated that it takes about a minute and a half for my powerbook to completely boot up...from grey screen to desktop with airport loaded up.....is this slow for a powerbook g4 1ghz 768 mb ram? Caue my pc boots extremely fast...like probably 30sec...maybe a little longer...(though it takes like a minute to shutdown)....if this is slow...what does it mean? If it isn't...is there a way to make it boot faster....or is there a reason it's so slow?...I mean..once it's up and running there seem to be no problems...but I am a fairly new owner of a mac....and am still learning about them...I love them....just wondering about stuff...know what I mean vern?

thanks

OP
S

sugarkane

i an't counted but my 12 takes a long time when compared with a PC

the other day at the apple centrer getting a service the geek hotkeded the bootup and brought up the boot log instead of the blue screen and it was a pretty long and bizy looking bootup...

remember these are unix machines and the os is a lot more completecated and they are true plug and play!!!!

sk

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.