Bluetooth Speakers?

Reaction score
Hi, I've just bought an iPad, and I'm very pleased with it apart from the sound from the internal speakers. If i connect a bluetooth speaker, will it mute the internal speakers, or are they on as well. ( If that makes sense )

Regards

Roy

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Follow the speaker's Bluetooth pairing procedure to pair with the iPad. Once the iPad is paired and connected it's available as an output option. The iPad lets you choose which speaker to use for sound output.

I have several possible output options available via a combination of Bluetooth and AirPlay 2. Both the iPhone and iPad let me choose which to use and all of them silence the internal speaker. This can be done via an icon in most apps such as Mudic or in Control Center.

OP
R
Reaction score
Slydude, many thanks for your help and advice, just have to persuade the wife I need a new speaker to go with the new ipad
cheers
Roy

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I've been there before LoL.

What general tyoe if soeaker are you looking for? Are you interested in something reasonably portable or something a little larger.

OP
R
Reaction score
Nothing too large, just an improvement on sound quality, and a bit more bass!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Nothing too large, just an improvement on sound quality, and a bit more bass!
You can't go far wrong with JBL portable speakers.

OP
R
Reaction score
Many thanks, I was considering JBL or a Sony speaker, but living out in the sticks I have to wait to get to a big town

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
but living out in the sticks I have to wait to get to a big town

Why not do some comfortable online browsing and shopping from the comfort of your own home, but select the site that has a good and included refund and return policy preferably free or for a very small charge.

Then you'll know what they sound like in your own home where I imagine you will be using them.

- Patrick
=======

OP
R
Reaction score
Good advice, but the nearest post office is 7 miles away, and you probably have a better returns policy in Canada

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Good advice, but the nearest post office is 7 miles away,

You mean you don't even have any Community postal mailboxes or home or Courier delivery that will normally deliver right to your House???

And 7 miles is not considered a long distance in this area, unless you are confined to a manual wheelchair.

Anyway, your choice.

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Mac Book Pro 2.2 Ghz 4 GB RAM SSD OSX 10.11 & 2006 MBP Stuck At 10.6.8
Hydrobeat Illumination is a very inexpensive fun little speaker that you may like it for a second, portable speaker, or as a low priced one to have until you pick your main speakers. Amazingly, to my ears, the sound is as good as my Polk pair- even at loud volumes.

You pair it with an iPad, phone or computer via Bluetooth. Mine receives well over 50 feet away, through an outside wall. It's survived many drops, it is waterproof and floats (Oops!), so it's great for the shower or outside working. The suction cup lets it stick to a wall. I've used it with my phone in my work truck that has an old-timey radio with no aux input nor any Bluetooth.

One can control the music selection, volume and such from the speaker or the source. It's got an FM radio in it, but changing stations is easier if I pair it with my phone and use that radio to pick stations. (The speaker only has Seek for stations. There are no presets.) There is some kind of way to pair it to the television for sound, but I got lost in the TV set's directions.

It's been saving my sanity while painting the outside of my house. I leave the computer in the house and choose the music on the speaker outside. At medium volume, I get about 9 hours out of a charge.

Hydrobeatonline.com I've got the Illumination Original. It was about 20.00 USD on sale.

Enjoy Your iPad!

Paul

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I have to say the Hydrobeat Illumination looks pretty good, I was going to suggest what I have; Sony SRS-XB23 which is also water resistant but its a bit more expensive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.