Bluetooth Mouse on iMAC

Reaction score
It is just 15 months since my new iMAC arrived and the bluetooth mouse is causing problems.
It has suddenly decided that it will move the cursor sideways perfectly but will not move the curser up and down.
I have checked the mouse is fully charged and have disconnected then reconnected without success. I have also switched off Bluetooth for a while and have been using an old USB mouse.
Maybe there is another setting somewhere?
Grateful for advice from anybody.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

Which BT mouse are you using? And have you gone to System Preferences, Mouse, to try to make adjustments?

OP
B
Reaction score
According to the Apple invoice this is "Mouse and Trackpad Apple Magic Mouse 2".
Yes I have tried making adjustments through System Preferences. with no effect.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Okay. Go to BT, select the Mouse and unpair it. In other words, remove it from the list. Then pair again with the BT preferences. If that doesn't work to get back the correct movement, the mouse itself may be defective. If you have Apple Care coverage on your iMac, Apple will replace the mouse with a new one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
If that doesn't work to get back the correct movement, the mouse itself may be defective.

Then when that doesn't work, head off to Logitech's site or go down to Staples or Best Buy etc. and purchase a good mouse, and at a fraction of Apple's mouse price. :Smirk:

- Patrick
======

OP
B
Reaction score
Sounds a good idea, Patrick. I have resurrected an old USB mouse to keep me going but shall have one last try through the local Apple Genius Bar.
Richard

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.