Blog software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 1.8GHz 1GB RAM, 60GB iPod Video, 30GB iPod video on loan to the better half :-)
Hi

Looking for a decent blog package for Mac that I can host on my own webspace. Have been using the blog facility in iWeb but it's a bit basic and I'd like something that has the ability for people to leave comments etc

Any suggestions?

M

MacHeadCase

Definitely WordPress. I'm not sure if you are well versed in HTML, CSS coding or not so the beginning might be a steep learning curve (it was for me anyhow) but playing around with it, reading tutorials on the web to get you to understand how it works, will get you to tweak your blog just the way you want it.

Google will take you to a lot of help articles and the community in the WP forums is helpful most of the time.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 1.8GHz 1GB RAM, 60GB iPod Video, 30GB iPod video on loan to the better half :-)
Nice one MHC

I've never used PHP or configured anything like that on my webspace but I had it up and running within 20 minutes - and that includes the time to download it and read the instructions

Time to have a play I think....

M

MacHeadCase

Listen if ever you need links and help just post your questions and we'll try to help. A few of us use WordPress so maybe we can all chip in and help you in various ways.

One thing you will need is plug-ins, themes, etc. So don't be shy and ask. If we know something, we'll let you know.

A word of caution though: install the latest version as the before last version had a security hole the size of a garage door.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the offer, although if the ease of the install is anything to go by (even in my jetlagged state after a flight back from Australia!) then I probably won't need it! Will post the link when I've put it live

M

MacHeadCase

Excellent! Will be waiting for that link, man! And if there's anything just let us know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.