Black or white macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
sounds like you want a black one you are just trying to convince yourself and make everyone else tell you that it is worth it even though most ppl say that is is not.. black is just a preference.. if you want it save up a extra 100 bucks and cop it.

Reaction score
I have a black, and one of my friends has a white - we both think our own is better :)

I think the white one has that more distinct Mac look, but the black is generally smoother and sexier.

The black shows smudges more, which can look quite ugly if you don't wipe them, but the white after a while, has a tendency to go a little grey.

Both have their pros and cons, I'd suggest if you're considering purchasing one to go to Apple store and choose for yourself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I have a white one and it's always filthy, so I'm not convinced that the black can be worse for smudges (and yes, I do occasionally clean my MacBook!). Also, I have a Crystal Light stain on one edge from a spillage, which wouldn't have happened had it been black (and also if I were more careful about pets and drinks).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard, iPhone 3GS
I have white and the smudges are barely visible if not at all. The only way to see them if it direct sunlight is hitting it which rarely hapens

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
I have a black macbook and I love mine. Mine really isn't a smudge magnet like a lot of people claim. Maybe I'm just a clean person by nature?!

Now I do get an occasional smudge here in there but it's not that bad.

I feel like the matte finish of the black macbook will hold up better in the long run. My friend has a white macbook and it's starting to crack in some places after a year and 1/2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
Go on , convince me to go from pc to mac.
Please tell me why i should buy a macbook , black specifically
And what makes it better than a regular ol pc like HP or dell or w/e from best buy?

How many threads are you going to start about this subject? I understand you are excited about it but I've already seen at least 6 threads about you asking about a black macbook.

This is becoming a little ridiculous.

OP
The Apple Guy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3G | 13 Inch 2.4 GHZ new MacBook
How many threads are you going to start about this subject? I understand you are excited about it but I've already seen at least 6 threads about you asking about a black macbook.

This is becoming a little ridiculous.

Alright Alright lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I don't see why you should buy a black MacBook unless you really, honestly prefer it to the white. I don't see why it's more expensive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Everyone and their brother has a "black" PC. You want a MacBook that looks like another PC? And pay extra for it also? ;P

Regards.

You could also argue that everyone who has a Mac, has a white or silver one... you want to look like every other Mac user? Want a latte with that?

I got the BlackBook (original 2006 model) and have loved it every since, It shows scratches less but fingerprints more. The case also seems less prone to cracks. It's a taste thing. $100 on $1400 is a 7% premium on the white with identical specs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lombard 400, 190cs, Wallstreet 233
Salesman: Its a mac, go buy it.

You: Ok.

Reaction score
I went with a Macbook instead of a PC Laptop because I wanted to have a reliable laptop while in college, one that won't crash on me the night before a paper is due. And yes, while no computer is 100% guaranteed not to crash, from what I've read, Mac OSX is really stable. I also went with a Macbook because I wanted a light, yet powerful laptop, and one with a good battery life. The icing on the cake was the fact that I got a free printer, and after applying my university discount and selling my iPod Touch (I already have a Sansa that I love), it cost me about $1100 after tax. I got the higher end white Macbook as well, so it's not like it was the skimpy one. All in all, I'm more than satisfied with the Macbook.

Oh and as for buying the black one, I fully agree with skaheadpunk. Unless you absolutely need the black color, the 90 gig gain in storage isn't worth the extra $200.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Have you ever used a product and thought "Huh, that was smart of them to do that."? That's why you get a Mac.

Have you ever used a product and thought "What kind of idiot thought that was a good idea?" That's why you don't get a PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I've lived in a Mac family since I was born (I'm 14), so I don't know how switched from PC to Mac work. I can tell you that MacBook's have some great, powerful applications like iWork and Aperture and is still simple to use and to handle media (iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie).

iLife comes with any new Mac, but iWork is sold seperate (I just bought it for $63 at Amazon) :) It's a must if your in high school.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is what I call a mindless question.

You ask "should I buy..." when you already know you want it. You're just looking for support to make yourself feel better about making the purchase.

jah

Reaction score
My friend has a white macbook and it's starting to crack in some places after a year and 1/2.

the added black coloring in the plastic may make the material more stable, by an ever so small amount.

white
so peeps dont think its a dell

OP
The Apple Guy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is what I call a mindless question.

You ask "should I buy..." when you already know you want it. You're just looking for support to make yourself feel better about making the purchase.

Well ladies and gentleman , this is what i call a mindless comment , I clearly ask is it WORTH it , not should I buy it. I want opinions from people with black macbooks to comment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Burn, never recovering from that one. I didn't mean mindless as an insult, you know.

You want my opinion? Buy the white MacBook and purchase other apps/stuff like iWork and AppleCare. That's what I did.

OP
The Apple Guy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Burn, never recovering from that one. I didn't mean mindless as an insult, you know.

You want my opinion? Buy the white MacBook and purchase other apps/stuff like iWork and AppleCare. That's what I did.

Alright well I respect your honesty

Reaction score
I considered the Black Macbook, I ended up buying the white one.

The color wasn't worth the extra money to me, although the black one looks much better, it simply wasn't worth it to me.

Getting other software or upgrading RAM/hard drive is much more worth it, to me, than the color.

OP
The Apple Guy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I considered the Black Macbook, I ended up buying the white one.

The color wasn't worth the extra money to me, although the black one looks much better, it simply wasn't worth it to me.

Getting other software or upgrading RAM/hard drive is much more worth it, to me, than the color.

Yeah makes sense but im pretty picky on looks , especially since im paying so much

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.