Beta of iPadOS 14

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
Not sure if this is the correct place for this, but I am trying out the Public Beta 2 of iPadOS 14.

This is on an iPad Mini (latest version).

It has installed successfully.

However, the Apple website and YouTube videos all talk of an App Library and Widgets on the Home screens, all mixed up with the app icons. I cannot find any sign of either of these. I can find and add widgets but only in the stack which can be displayed on the left of the first Home screen. I cannot get these to move onto the actual Home screens.

There is no sign of an App Library.

Are these features on iPhone only and not iPad perhaps? Unfortunately, I don’t have a spare iPhone on which to test at present.

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
A little more searching of YouTube might have the answer.

It seems all these Androidesque new features are for iPhone only. Therefore apparently, iPad owners might as well stay with iPadOS 13.

Scribble is not much use if your handwriting is as bad as mine.

Oh well, I only used a backup iPad, so no great loss. At least it does seem to be still working, just not with any of the features I wanted to test.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome back by the way.

Was the Forum down or unresponsive for 10 minutes or so?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.