Best route??

Reaction score
okay...this question has probably been asked a million times already... I just sold my entire PC system (windoze) and have about $1300 to spend on a new/refurb/used mac system. I love the size of 23" lcd but at the price of $600 (ebay) that only leaves $700 to spend on the system. Originally I was planning to buy the 20" Imac but I feel in love with the 23" Cinema display at the Apple store. I'm a beginner with OSX and my main objective is to be able to organize and edit my pictures, update my blog-webpage, beginners video editing, and music-mp3. What is the best option? 20" Imac C2D or 23" Cinema display + Mini or G4 Power Mac?? Quicksilver G4s dual 1Ghz are running about $6-700 on ebay.

This forum rocks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I'd go for the 20" imac, but that's the one I fell in love with at the Apple store...It will definitely handle everything you mentioned.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.