best mac compatible wireless router?

G

greensuperman23

what is the best wireless router that is mac compatible?? Take performance, distance, speed, and ease of setup in2 consideration.
Thanx

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I think no matter what router you purchase will work fine with any computer. I'm sure setting up any kind of router will be just as to setup as an Airport router. I have used Dlink and Linksys routers with my macs without a sweat. As for performace, distance and speed, I would recommend any G wireless router, but it's hard to judge one router over the other, because everyone's experience is different, even with the same router. I would try cnet.com and look under reviews and see, if you can find a good recommended router there. Right now, I'm using a Linksys WRT54GS; I'm pretty satisfied it with.

My router review:
http://reviews.cnet.com/Linksys_WRT54GS_Wireless-G_broadband_router/4505-3265_7-30825185.html

Note: The same router that I have is recommended also by Macmac.

OP
G

greensuperman23

well i need sumthin that can go 90-100 feet through walls pretty easily.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
the one I listed, and all other linksys, dlink routers can do that.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
It's hard to say whether the wireless signal can easily go that far and through walls at the same time, but if it doesn't, I'm sure you can purchase a booster or some sort of repeater.

OP
M

meltbanana314

iWhat said:
\
Note: The same router that I have is recommended also by Macmac.

I also have this router, and I have to say it works pretty well.

Phone support isn't so great though.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That linksys that MacMan just recomended is a very good router. Probably the best one out there that is not some professional Cisco. It's very reliable and secure and has good wireless range. I have been using Linksys since I first got DSL 3.5 years ago and never had a problem. The Firewall in that Linksys is very good also with full SPI Firewall.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
i have dlink the range is not that great and there was no trouble setting up or anything.

go for apple!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
rman said:

hey

i run an imac g5 with a peecee pent 4 ( for the kids ) to play games on

i use a Belkin wireless and it runs beautifully on both

regards

p.s the mac is the main computer and all you do is plug it in, OSX picks
up the router straight away, run the software for the windoze peecee and thats it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I've used Netgear, D-Link, and Motorola routers and they all work fine with my Mac and PCs.

OP
C

crazycanadian

I've got the Linksys Wireless G Router, and I love it. It was very easy to set up and the range is great. I have never had any problems with the router, its always reliable. Plus where ever I am in the house, I always get great reception. This is my second linksys router (my last one being wired), and I'd strongly recommend it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
someone mentioned a signal booster, I've never used one but I've had a friend who has tried a cpl. they both tended to cut his signal speed in half. linksys routers work well

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.