Best buy warranty>results of accidental damage and spills claims on laptops

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
The topic comes up quite often here regarding Best Buy's warranty and the cover that it offers.
I've started this thread in hope of finding out how many have or haven't had success with Best Buy when taking their Mac laptops in after spilling liquids on them or accidental damage such as dropping, or stepping on their laptops.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
6string:

As far as I'm aware, Best Buy does offer an extended warranty which covers damage from spillage, drops, accidently stepped on, and so forth. But I've yet to hear from anyone who collected on such a claim. I would also be interested in a first hand report. My personal experience with Best Buy (there are several stores close by my home) over the years has been up and down.

You can describe Best Buy like the title of that old Clint Eastwood movie many years ago:

"The Good, the Bad, the Ugly."

If you know what I mean. :)

Regards.

Reaction score
I usually buy the warranty for most things I buy from them.

So far I have cashed in on a directtv box (back when they were expensive),
toshiba dvd recorder, 32" westinghouse lcd, 42" HP LCD, Sony S300 bluray player.

But as far as I know those warranties only cover normal usage and not physical damage. I think the geek squad black tie warranty might be different though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.