Best Buy and iMacs ...

Reaction score
Has anyone here bought their iMac or MacBook from Best Buy?

If so, how did it go? Would you recommend Best Buy as an option?

Finally, for those who know, what financing options do they offer?

Thanks to those who respond.

Reaction score
Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come vi
You may want to explore a few online retailers as well. They tend to offer package deals with bundled extras and can save you a little more money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard, iPhone 3GS
They sell at the MSRP. Snoop around at Amazon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
I bought my Macbook at Best Buy, and i knew what i wanted so I didn't really talk to anyone much.

I put it on my Wamu credit card which is 0% interest for 6 months. (you could check this card out its pretty sweet)

I do however, believe, that Best Buy offers a card 0% for 12 months. Dont quote me on that but I am pretty sure you can do that if its over a certain amount which I am sure your computer would be....

hope this helps!

Reaction score
If u have a BB card, u can always do 6 month 0% or some other special. Just make sure to pay it off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
Well, I always think that something worth having is worth saving for. I have never financed for one thing. Thats right, No debt at all. I would just save up and put some money away from each paycheck or however you get your money and eventually youll have enough

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Retina MacBook Pro (15")
I bought my latest Mac from BestBuy - their store credit card (not the MasterCard, the actual store-only one) gave me a high enough limit to buy a whole 24" iMac, and as part of a back-to-school special I got 24 months with 0% interest-same as cash. Can't beat that.

Dunno if the promotion is still active though.

Reaction score
Well, I always think that something worth having is worth saving for. I have never financed for one thing. Thats right, No debt at all. I would just save up and put some money away from each paycheck or however you get your money and eventually youll have enough

Very mature! Congrats to your intelligence and common-sense!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
whats wrong with building credit?

if you pay it off over the free time its a win-win

bonus to your credit

and you get it now.

just my 2 cents

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Retina MacBook Pro (15")
My old man taught me a basic principle to live by and I've had rock-solid credit ever since. "As a rule of thumb," he said, "Only finance something if you already have 75% of the cash you need to pay it off."

I applaud those who choose to have zero debt. But at the same time, don't diss on the people who choose to use credit. Sometimes, you legitimately need something you don't have all the money for up-front.

Just my 2 cents :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.