Best app for a Mac for doing batch scans of photos?

Reaction score
I'm about to scan two boxes of photos. I use Vuescan, but when doing scans of 2-3 photo at once, I find the software isn't good at automatically detecting edges and making different photos.

Any recs for scanning software that will be good at detecting and making separate JPGs of the photos I'm scanning? I'm doing a ton so having a good program will make this much easier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Usually, the software that comes with the scanner, does an excellent job when scanning multiple photos at a time. I have previously used HP and Canon, and currently use Epson for this purpose. All of the scanners I have used, were actuall all-in-one devices and performed perfectly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
My Canon MG6600 printer separates out individual photos when several are put on the scanner together. Not that I want it to...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.