• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Bedside Electronics

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I'm a typical computer geek that can't go to sleep without having the essential electronics at my bedside. First off, I make sure that I have my iBook by my side; it's the first thing I use before going to sleep and after waking up. Next, I have to have my iPod at my bedside, hey, sometimes I can't go to sleep so without listening to some music first. Next, I have to have my Sony PSP.

So, do you guys have a stack of electronics laying by your bedside? Is this just me or is this typical computer geek behavior?

J

Jefe3223

I may be out of the running, but because I'm in a dorm, I have EVERYTHING by my bedside. hahaha, only slightly kidding. My computer and printer is on my desk behind my bed and I have my ipod and alarm clock next to me. At my foot, is a glow in the dark Pez dispenser...'cause pez is amazing. hahaha. But I also have my gameboy under my bed....I think that's it...all I can see at this moment...oh and my cell is next to my bed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
does an alarm clock count? it has a electronics in it.

S

sonofapplepm

If i left all that stuff next to my bed my kids would take and hide it when i am not around!! HA HA

D

d-funct

I have pretty much all my techy stuff under my bed ... but seening as its impossible to have a bedside table .. other than the top of the PowerMac G5 do I win???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
I keep my Powerbook next to my bed on a bookshelf (I'm afraid I would roll over it if I left it on the bed). I also have a voice controlled alarm clock. Oh, and I keep my minidisk player and cd player (when I'm too lazy to burn the cd to disc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
My office used to be my bedroom, but now I only have my alarm clock and cell phone next to my bed.. and believe me.. Im very happy about that :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
I keep my ipod there a lamp my phone is there too and near by is my PowerBook [which is the best computer i have ever owned other then my other macs ;-) (I had a Quadra 610 running all the way up until i got my PowerBook then things started to happen; First it was a iPod then G5 then a iBook) ]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.