Beach Ball on the G5?

N

Nightblade

Just wondering, but do any of the G5 users here experience the Spinning Beach Ball ever? And do you guys ever experience the Spinning Beach Ball of Death (That is, when the ball doesn't go away no matter how long you wait, and you have no option but to force quit the program)?

OP
N

nicholas

It does happen, rarely though. Just make sure you set the processor performance to "highest" in the energy saver option in system preferences.

As for the S.B.B.O.D., never happened to my G5 yet (and I've had it for a year), but it happens now and then on my 1.5Ghz 17" G4.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
no way it never happens u r a stoopid doz uzr the g5 is tha fastest cumputer evr of corse is dos not beech ball :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

OP
N

nicholas

Absolute Zero said:
no way it never happens u r a stoopid doz uzr the g5 is tha fastest cumputer evr of corse is dos not beech ball :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

1) You don't own a G5 so how would you know? It does happen.

2) Your spelling indicates that I am not the "stoopid" one, but you.

3) You don't own a G5 so how would you know?

OP
N

Nightblade

Relax, Nicholas, he's just being sarcastic. He's just mocking the incredibly extreme Mac fanboys who actually deserved to be mocked. However, those kinds of people actually don't exist on this forum (or at least aren't current active posters)!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Yes, nicholas, just relax...
Abs has a special sense of humour sometimes...don't take it personal :D

OP
N

nicholas

Ahhhh, my bad. Got a little carried away there. Happens sometimes when I'm posting at night, and I'm having a drink haha. Sorry Absolut, no harm done?

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
No harm done, nicholas.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.