Battery Not Recognized

Reaction score
OK, so here is my problem. Had to replace my logic board. Battery was not recognized. Replaced the battery after resetting the PRAM and SMC Etc. Still had the same problem. Replaced Logic board AGAIN. same problem. If I unplug the battery indicator led (on the side) the battery is recognized but doesn't charge. Plug it back in, shows no batteries available. Would you logically think that means the indicator is bad?

thanks!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Moved your post to a new thread. It's really best to start a new thread rather than tagging onto another one.:)

- Nick

p.s. Welcome to Mac-Forums.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, so here is my problem. Had to replace my logic board. Battery was not recognized. Replaced the battery after resetting the PRAM and SMC Etc. Still had the same problem. Replaced Logic board AGAIN. same problem. If I unplug the battery indicator led (on the side) the battery is recognized but doesn't charge. Plug it back in, shows no batteries available. Would you logically think that means the indicator is bad?

We probably need to start at the beginning.:) What was the reason the logic board needed to be in the first place?

- Nick

OP
B
Reaction score
SO First of all, I am a PC tech.... I am TRYING to help someone out. They handed me a MacBook pro 13 in pieces and asked me to re-assemble and see what we had to do to fix it. got it together (I have done a few before) and no boot. no power up nothing. not even a light on the mag plug. Replaced the logic board and viola! boots runs reinstalled OSx. Battery not recognized. Reset PRAM, SMC... still nothing. Replaced the battery, nothing. Replaced the logic board AGAIN. nothing. when I disconnect the cable to the LED Battery indicator, it sees the battery, tells me it is at 83% and not charging. plug it in, nothing. I downloaded coconut battery and it says battery is ok but not charging.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you change the MagSafe board? How about the MagSafe Adapter charger, did you try a new one? And where did the battery come from? Knock off? Genuine Apple?

OP
B
Reaction score
I replaced the magsafe board. The adapter has green light, tried a second one and it is the same. Battery I have tried both the OEM and a knock off. same results.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There's definitely something screwed up between the charging circuitry and logic board. We're assuming you replaced the logic board with an exact replacement and not something that may be close? If you've done all that, we're out of ideas.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
SO First of all, I am a PC tech.... I am TRYING to help someone out. They handed me a MacBook pro 13 in pieces and asked me to re-assemble and see what we had to do to fix it.

Ok good deal. Thanks for clarifying.:)

One of those really "FUN" projects!!!;) Lol

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.