battery not charging?

Reaction score
Hi

I noticed that when I plugged in my macbook earlier that the battery is not charging. It does recognize that it's plugged in though because the screen gets brighter when I do so, and the little light on the adapter turns green when in contact with the macbook. Slowly my battery life is dwindling. I tried rebooting but had no success. I'm not sure what to think about this.

Any thoughts?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How many charge\recharge cycles has the battery completed? The normal life span for a battery is around 300 cycles. Download coconutBattery (free app) and see what the status of your battery is. It may be time to purchase a new one.

coconutBattery 2.6.3 - MacUpdate

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I downloaded and ran the program.

I'm running at 99% capacity and 130 battery load-cycles.

It does say the charger is connected but thats it's not charging.

grrrr!!!! :Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
clean the tip of mag with alcohol worked for my friend also where it plugs in..

OP
S
Reaction score
Turns out my power brick went on the fritz just enough to quit charging, but was good enough to maintain charge. It was covered under the warranty so I was able to get it replaced at the store in a matter of minutes at no charge. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.