Battery capacity

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a question about the capacity of the Battery of the MacBook Pro 2018 13inch with touchbar.

The old Battery was broken and was getting to blow up.
After the exchange of the Battery in the official Apple Store it seems that the MacBook is running empty very quickly. Losing 60% over night.

Does someone know how high the original capacity is of this model? I just found 58Wh. But In Coconut Battery I just have mAh. And for the calculation I need the voltage which I don´t know. Is it 12V?
The new Battery shows 5203mAh.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
If you get and run coconutBattery https://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery/ and run it, it will report the design capacity of the battery for you, along with the current state of health. If the battery was replaced by Apple, they would have put in a duplicate of the battery that was in it originally.

EDIT: And welcome to the forum!

OP
R
Reaction score
I already used coconut battery. Just wondering that the battery is running so fast empty in comparison to before. So I wanted to check if the new battery has really the same capacity. But I coudln´t find the original mAh. Just have the Wh but I don´t know the Voltage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Did you try Applications > Utilities > System Information > Battery?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.