Battery and Camera issues

Reaction score
I tripped going up stairs in a stairwell today, and my aluminum macbook hit the ground pretty hard (it was in my backpack, so I didn't drop it from an extremely high distance). It now has a big dent just on the edge right below the left side of the track pad, and in the same spot but on the top of the lid.

My first issue was with the camera, but I got that to start working again using that technique of taking the battery out, unplugging it, and holding down the power button for 5 seconds.

My biggest issue is the battery not working properly. If the laptop is unplugged, it won't start up. I attempted taking the battery out to clean the connectors, but that yielded no results. Also, when I push the little battery power indicator button on the outside of the macbook, it lights up to a full tank when it's plugged in, but does not light up at all when not plugged in. I also know that there was power in the battery before it dropped.

The trackpad got a little messed up on the side with the dent. It's depressed, but not really a problem since I can click elsewhere.

So far, I have not noticed any other problems, but I will mention them when they come up since they might be helpful as diagnostic tools.

I thank you in advance for your help and thoughts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.