Batch convert Quark 6.5 files to PDFs

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm a network admin for a small publishing company, and we've always wanted to be able to send previews of pages to clients before we publish.

Each issue of the magazine is stored in its own folder on our NAS, then each of the individual pages is in a sub-folder of that.

I'm guessing through Applescript I can tell it to loop through each of the subfolders and open the quark files - I don't think that bit is the problem.

But I've no idea where to start with getting Quark to produce low-res PDFs to a certain folder on our NAS shared files.

The problem is the subfolders and the quark files do not have a consistent naming procedure. Also there's usually multiple quark files within the sub folders.

I have no knowledge of applescript as all my work is done on PC, and none of our designers have any knowledge of applescript either.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Ben

OP
B
Reaction score
Hi
Sorry for the late reply - didn't get a notification.

I did look through that topic but couldn't even get that example script to work.
I'm continuing to look though.

It seems the Quark message boards are pretty inactive unfortunately.

Thanks
Ben

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.