Backup to TC

Reaction score
How do I use another external hard drive (Seagate Free Agent) to automatically back up my Time Capsule? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Open Time Machine from menu bar > Open Time Machine Preferences >Select Disk > look for your Seagate their and select use this.

OP
M
Reaction score
backing up TC

Thanks. I looked but there was no Seagate; only choice was open another TC. I have the Seagate linked with the TC by a usb cable. Should I connect the Seagate to the MacBook Pro? That would really limit the ports I have since I have the TC hardwired to the M. And all I want to do it back up my Lightroom 3 photos from the TC to the Seagate so it would seem I don't have to link it to the computer. Thoughts? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
When you go to Finder is the drive listed under shared if so double click it then it should re-alias then go back and look to see if a second drive is available in Time Machine under select disk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.