backup different iPhone to same Mac

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Yes.

Provided the iPhones are both registered under the same Apple ID.

In the past my iPhone, my wife’s iPhone and my iPad and her iPad were all under my Apple ID and all four of them were backed up to my iMac.

If your two iPhones are registered to different Apple IDs, then the only way to back the one with a different Apple ID from yours, would require a third party app such as iMazing. This what I use now for my wife’s devices now that she has her own Apple ID.

Ian

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Then you need a third party app such as iMazing for the one that is not linked to your own Apple ID.

Of course, if you get that app, you can backup all and any Devices to the Mac you were referring to Which I presume is yours.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Yes, you can backup many device with a single computer.

I've ben doing it for a long time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.