Backspace mouse key/ Temperatures

Reaction score
Hi I just got a new macbook and am trying to configure it today. I am trying to find where i can set my mouse button 4 with the backspace on the keyboard so i can go back 1 previous page in the history. Where in the settings would I find that?

Also second question: The temperatures on my macbook pro are very high. I quickly downloaded smc fan control. and it is staying stable at around 60 with 4300 rpm. Is it bad to max out the fans? The noise does not bother me. Are those temperatures bad as well? It went as high as 81. That doesnt seem very good to me.

And if anyone could post a couple links of neat mac hints or tricks. Im already looking around but any help would be appreciated.

Andy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
The fans will wear down faster if they are going at the max that they can go. I would personally suggest not controlling the fans yourself as they will kick in when they need to.

As for the the temps, which part of the MBP is going to 81? In celsius or fahrenheit?

My HD stays around 90 degrees fahrenheit while my CPU is around 135. This is when I am not doing anything intense (listening to music, web browsing).

OP
A
Reaction score
Yes but my info was all in Celsius so i think it was pretty serious. But then again i was doing everything at once to the computer with too many applications.

Does anyone know how to fix the Spaces button? so i can set my mouse button 5 to see the spaces? and mouse button 4 as a backspace for safari?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Does anyone know how to fix the Spaces button? so i can set my mouse button 5 to see the spaces? and mouse button 4 as a backspace for safari?

Don't know about the second one, but using a mouse button to invoke Spaces is simple. You just go to System Preferences > Expose and Spaces > Spaces and do it. You can set a key and a mouse button for the task.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
I'm not too sure about your temps, as they seem pretty high. My iMac had similar temps and I ended up getting faulty wires replaced. To find out what exact part is getting the hottest, download Temperature monitor:

Temperature Monitor: Download

For me, the power supply was reaching around 90 degrees celsius before the system shutdown automatically

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I'm not too sure about your temps, as they seem pretty high. My iMac had similar temps and I ended up getting faulty wires replaced. To find out what exact part is getting the hottest, download Temperature monitor:

Temperature Monitor: Download

For me, the power supply was reaching around 90 degrees celsius before the system shutdown automatically

For an iMac they may be considered high, but not for a laptop!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.