Backlit Keyboards

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone tell me which Macbooks come with a backlit keyboard? I heard that certain lower-end models don't have it, so which ones do? Does the Macbook Air have it, or only the Macbook Pro?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi, can anyone tell me which Macbooks come with a backlit keyboard? I heard that certain lower-end models don't have it, so which ones do? Does the Macbook Air have it, or only the Macbook Pro?

The term "MacBooks" is not a "catch all" phrase for all Macintosh laptops.

Apple sells/sold three model lines of laptop computers:

- MacBooks
- MacBook Pros
- MacBook Air

The MacBook line of laptops was recently discontinued.

This brings use to the question...are you talking new or used Macintosh laptops...since Apple has been selling laptops (with Intel cpu's) with backlit keyboards since April, 2006...and was selling Powerbook G4's with backlit keyboards since January, 2003. Powerbooks are now discontinued.

If we are talking new computers...all currently selling NEW Apple laptops have a backlit keyboard (MacBook Pros & MacBook Air's).

- Nick

OP
J
Reaction score
I'm looking at new Macbooks, so all of them have the backlit keyboard? I read somewhere that the lower-end models didn't have it, but I guess that was outdated...
Thanks for help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Sorry, my answer was to the "Do the Airs have it".

The Pros have one too, as Nick said.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm looking at new Macbooks...

No you're not!

Like I mentioned in my previous post...Apple no longer sells new "MacBooks"...just MacBook Pros & MacBook Air's.

And like I also mentioned previously...ALL new laptops/notebooks that Apple sells have backlit keyboards!

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.