Backlit Keyboard

K

kjellquist

It's not a big deal, but I thought the iBooks had backlit keyboards. Is it just the PB's?

OP
L

lsuperguy

yup, just the PBs. One of those added features that Apple hopes you will upgrade for.

OP
T

TylerMoney

the twelve inch pb doesn't come with the backlit keyboard though...so sad...but I still love him.

OP
K

kjellquist

yeah I love my iBook, but last night trying to type in the dark in bed....that backlight would have been sweet

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Back lite keyboard are only on the PB 15" superdrive and the 17"

OP
K

kjellquist

that would be a good add-on...i would consider shelling out a few books for an after-market backlit keyboard for the iBook

Reaction score
Does a macbook have backlit keyboard?

My macbook ships this week (13 inch with combo drive, white), and I was just wondering if it would have a backlit keyboard/keypad? Just for the sake of coolness, you know! :batman:

OP
R

Rob

The Giver said:
Can you get a backlight keyboard for your iBook?
Yes... but you would have to make it your self.

Get some LEDs, a photosistor, and some resistors. If I had an iBook I could tell you exactly what to do.

Reaction score
Anil_robo said:
My macbook ships this week (13 inch with combo drive, white), and I was just wondering if it would have a backlit keyboard/keypad? Just for the sake of coolness, you know! :batman:

nope... they really tried to go for lil power consumption with this computer... no backlit keyboard... usually when I type full speed, I dont even look at the keyboard so...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
rman said:
Back lite keyboard are only on the PB 15" superdrive and the 17"

And still not all 15" PowerBooks have it...it was optional for some models.
MacBook Pro has it too (15" and 17") but MacBook hasn't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
isnt the illumination of the superbright macbook screen good enough to throw some light on the keyboard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
NikBhat said:
isnt the illumination of the superbright macbook screen good enough to throw some light on the keyboard?
In my experience, yes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I am all for searching the forums for answers... one of the biggest supporters of it, actually.
But there comes a time when a thread should be used for informational purpose only, no need to bring it back from the dead... c'mon, this thread was old...and I mean OLD... it was two and a half years since the last post was made on it before it was resurrected and zombified.
:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
oops!! I haven't noticed... :eek:neye:

Reaction score
D3v1L80Y said:
I am all for searching the forums for answers... one of the biggest supporters of it, actually.
But there comes a time when a thread should be used for informational purpose only, no need to bring it back from the dead... c'mon, this thread was old...and I mean OLD... it was two and a half years since the last post was made on it before it was resurrected and zombified.
:black:

Well... it was me! Sorry about that! Next time I search, I'll keep an eye on the date of the last post! Extremely sharp observation, Devilboy! :black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.