Background Apps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 1.67 GHZ w/ 1 GB RAM & Dual Mac G5.
I was curious if anyone know how to get AIM's app to run in the background. It's kind of a pain having to keep the app open and wait for replies, instead of going and doing something else on the phone. Is there a way to do this that I have overlooked or would it be an update fix?

I thought I heard about this being part of the update, but it didn't state it in the release notes. Further more I tested it and still have the app quiting when I leave.

Thanks!

P_F

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook: 2.2 Core2Duo, 120GB HDD, 1GB Ram, Superdrive.
Not possible. Or atleast that is what I have been told.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 Intel C2D, 4GB RAM
I don't understand how that can't do a push message function so it does have to run in the background. I use palringo dunno if it works with aol aswell but it notifies you of any missed messages when you log in again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Push notification was supposed to be included in the 2.1 update but it was pulled a few weeks prior to release. It is tentatively scheduled for release in a month or so, but that could very well change.

OP
Professor_Fresh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh, I see.

I suppose keeping my fingers crossed that this happens is a good plan. I wonder why they decided to push it back, any ideas??

P_F

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It probably wasn't fully ready yet, and with all the criticism Apple had been getting for half baked firmware, I would imagine the company would rather delay a feature rather than get hammered on it again if it wasn't fully completed by the time 2.1 rolled out.

OP
Professor_Fresh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thats a good move on their part, I hope it is available sooner than later tho.

Well thanks for chiming in folks.

Peace Easy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.