Back-up GMail

Reaction score
On an iMac running Yosemite, how do I back-up my GMail folders? For all my documents I just drag and drop them into a flash drive.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
A warm welcome to Mac-Forums. Thank you for your post.

Why not use Apple's built-in app, Time Machine, to back up everything on your Mac including your emails and all your settings, apps - the lot? The total cost is a dedicated External Hard Drive (EHD) kept exclusively for TM backups. You can recover data from it and, when you get a new Mac, transfer everything from TM on to it.

Backing up your Documents to a USB Flash stick, is a risky business - if that is what your are doing. USB sticks are not designed for longevity.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
How are you accessing gmail? Are you using their web interface, or an email client app?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.