• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Availability after WWDC

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I wanted to know, if Jobs is revealing the new MBP on June 11th, how soon will they be available? I dont know if i can wait any longer than June 11th! haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
its hard to tell - I would say it shouldnt be any longer than 4-6 weeks if one is released. You are less than 2 weeks away and I if an upgrade happens within 14 days of you buying hardware, I am pretty sure you can send it back for the newer ones. Can someone clarify this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
its hard to tell - I would say it shouldnt be any longer than 4-6 weeks if one is released. You are less than 2 weeks away and I if an upgrade happens within 14 days of you buying hardware, I am pretty sure you can send it back for the newer ones. Can someone clarify this?

Sure... if you pay a restocking fee. As far as I know that really only applies for an OS upgrade... not for hardware changes.

As far as how long, they should be available online within a day of when they are announced. Not too sure how long it takes the stores though... a little longer I think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
Sure... if you pay a restocking fee. As far as I know that really only applies for an OS upgrade... not for hardware changes.

As far as how long, they should be available online within a day of when they are announced. Not too sure how long it takes the stores though... a little longer I think.

if something new comes out within your 14 days, ive seen many people on here have avoided a restocking fee.

it probably depends on who's at the counter when u get there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
Returns are a lot about how you present yourself too. Call and talk to the manager at the Apple Store before you make your return...if you're good to them, they'll be excellent to you. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G
Yea I'm looking at getting the MBP aswell. But I've decided that i'll only have the sufficient funds by mid august... Do you think if new product is released it will be ready by then? The latest I'm waiting is Late august. predictions have been made, but do you think forsure the santa rosa chip will be in these new MBP'S?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | Black | 2.16gHz | 2gb ram | 160 HDD
macrumors just reported that a retail store in france detailed a delivery on new mbps on june fifth, which is next tuesday, so watch out for that! Release before wwdc so they have enough time to talk about leopard, and iphone, and new imacs....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
macrumors just reported that a retail store in france detailed a delivery on new mbps on june fifth, which is next tuesday, so watch out for that! Release before wwdc so they have enough time to talk about leopard, and iphone, and new imacs....

Dohhh... don't tease me!

They were correct about the Macbook's being released on the Tuesday that they did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | Black | 2.16gHz | 2gb ram | 160 HDD
Dohhh... don't tease me!

They were correct about the Macbook's being released on the Tuesday that they did.

hahah wow you sounded like this anime show i used to watch when i was a kid called kenhsin, that it was

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.