Auto-Lock old threads

K

Kokopelli

Would it be possible to lock a thread that has not seen activity in say... 4-6 months? This would prevent the most aggregious of ressurections. If a very old thread like that has a need to be ressurected it would be better to start a new one linking to the old conversation anyway.

OP
J

Jefe3223

hmm...I like the idea. There have been a lot of resurections. I don't mind responding, but it's SO much more reading. hahahah I think i'm just not as pacient when I want to get to the meat of a conversation. A couple months old might be a good thing...just something to consider.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Thanks for the suggestion. For now I don't think we'll make changes since it really doesn't occur too often and sometimes it's helpful to use an old thread.

In the meantime, if you feel a thread was resurrected and shouldn't have been, click on the "Report Bad Post" icon and let the mods know so we can lock it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
yea, I agree. I notice that a lot of new mmbers end up ressurectin oder threads in their search for info. like when sdsomeone resurrected murlyns thread about the fires and how he'd be gone for a while.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
At least they're using Search :)

OP
K

Kokopelli

I was guessing people were clicking on the "related threads" at the bottom more than searching. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.