auto brightness??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I have the auto brightness set on my 3G, but it doesn't seem to work. It usually stays at full brightness, even in pitch dark and when it sometimes is a little dimmer it'll just go to full brightness on its own.

Anyone else have this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
It needs to be exposed to the new light conditions for about 30 seconds before it adjusts it's brightness...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
Mine didn't seem to work well at first, then I gave it another try and it works ok. Its not like the Macbook Pro where it will dim or brighten across the full slider of brightness, but it dims or brightens just a little bit from where you preset the brightness setting enough to make it less bright in the dark, and readable in sunlight.

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
It's odd. When I'm in very dark places, it'll get brighter after 30 seconds. Am I crazy or should it get dimmer?? I think there's definitely a problem. I suppose I'll have to take it in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.6GHZ, 8Gig iPhone, 160Gig iPod Classic, 16Gig 3G iPhone Black
Iv noticed after you manually adjust the brightness, its a while before your brightness adjusts automatically, even if its set to auto. Havnt really timed it, but i know when I got my first iPhone I thought it didnt work. But after a day of not messing with the brightness, I notice that it starts auto adjusting again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
Well mine starting working well right after the 2.0.2 update.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.