audio connections

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mini M1 16 gig and Air 2018 8 gig
I finally tried an external monitor....a 20 inch Toshiba TV that I never use and I was pleased to see my Mac Air 2018 picked it right up and
changed to mirror...I was using the Thunderbolt 2 port to connect and it worked good. Finally its actually doing something useful...
but when I open my Cubase there is no sound..???I tried changing it between ASIO and my Interface and HDMI(Toshiba) and there is no sound...? I disconnected the Toshiba and the sound is ok...
but what happened??? do I need to make some additional audio out busses in Cubase???

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I assume that you have checked the speakers on the TV? Also, go through the settings to see if there are audio settings that need to be changed. You may have to go into settings on the TV, find the audio settings, and see if you find anything that looks like it would be the TV port the HDMI cable is connected to.

OP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Its only Cubase that isn't sounding.... that's what I am asking about..the TV is ok.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK I get it. That sounds more like a software issue. I'm not a Cubase user but I'll see what I can figure out. What version of Cubase are you using?

OP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
AI. it might be a eLicense issue...it picked up on a new machine and thought it was being copied... and shut down output... I will ask Cubase for a new eLicense.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I didn't think go that possibility. Some apps are known to do odd things when you try to transfer from one machine to another. Even if you don't need a new license they should be able to advise you about the best way to transfer things from one machine to another.

Post back if you get an answer. I'm sure there are others who would like an answer to this question.

Reaction score
I don't use Cubase, but I'm sure there's a setting in the program to select which audio interface you want to use for both input and output. See what the output setting is when your TV is connected. I know in GarageBand it keeps the last setting and doesn't change automatically when you connect a new audio interface (and I'm using "interface" in the loose sense: built-in speakers, standalone interface with I/O, TV with speakers, etc.).

OP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I found the problem....main outs on the mixer page..

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I found the problem....main outs on the mixer page..
Thanks for posting back with the answer. I'm sure that other Cubase users will appreciate this solution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.