Attachment Window in Gmail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
MacOS 10.14.6, 2018 Mini

When trying to attach images to an email in Gmail, the drop-down pane's lower edge is out of sight below the lower limit of the (28") monitor screen.

I can work around the issue by choosing the image icon/name and then hitting Return, but this Is a new development since the Min returned from hospital with a reinstallation of Mojave. It worked as it should before then.

The image included shows the lower portion of the Attachment pane. How can I get that lower limit edge to a higher level, with the blue Open button visible?

Attachments

• AttWndw.jpg
    AttWndw.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
So, adjust the size of the pane. If you cannot get to the bottom to drag it up, drag the top down a ways, then use the top bar to move the whole window up and drag the edges to what you want.

Or, am I missing something here?

OP
hughvane
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Explanation more: it's a pane that drops down, not a window as such. I can expand the pane laterally, but cannot resize it (diagonally) as one might do with a window.

I tried what you suggested, thank you, but the pane stubbornly refused to move with the mail window. I have belatedly realised I can use another workaround, ie. the drag-and-drop, but that only works conveniently from the desktop. If I need to locate a file elsewhere, eg. on an external drive, it's quite a performance.

And then it struck me - the Display preference. Because of diminishing eyesight, I expanded the Resolution to Larger Text. Doing so affected the way windows - including drop-down panes - behave. If I return to the default Display Text size, the pane problem goes away but it creates a visual one in its place. This attachment drop-down pane issue may be part of an OS bug.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.