• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

AT&T will NOT stop harassing us!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Ever since we dropped them from our telephone and cable service, there has not been a single day where they have not harassed us on the phone! Sometimes it's a couple of times a day! It's getting a bit ridiculous! I just got off the phone with one just now, and he was not the one who should've called! I definitely COMPLETELY lost my patience and temper with them! I have lost count how many times I've said stop calling me, and whatever else I could possibly say, but it's like they simply don't care!

What's funny is that when we were a "home" customer with them, they could care less about us when we has *****(fill it in) service, but once we leave them, they work over time to get us back with them! That will NEVER happen!

They can keep on calling, I'm recording all the calls from now on! It's on like Donkey Kong!!!!!!! I'm filing a BBB complaint against them right now, as well as filling out a complaint on the NDNCRegistry.

I don't if they have the cheapest service, or even free for that matter, I'll never go back to that scum of a company!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Press the # and * keys at the same time. This will make a loud, obnoxious sound in the ear of the caller. Do it several times if you have to, and every time they call back.

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Press the # and * keys at the same time. This will make a loud, obnoxious sound in the ear of the caller. Do it several times if you have to, and every time they call back.

That's actually a cool tip, but it doesn't work on our phones. However, if you them alternate pressing them, they sound like a alarm on the opposite line! Never tried that to them before...will have to wait.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Huh? It doesn't work, but it works. That's what I'm reading.

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Huh? It doesn't work, but it works. That's what I'm reading.

oh...no...I meant alternating, not simultaneously. If you alternate pressing the # and * buttons quickly, it sounds like an alarm.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Get a CallerID phone that supports number blocking and blacklist them!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Doesn't that money and require effort. >_<"

Not really. At least not on FIOS (and previously with Comcast), it was one of the calling features that came bundled in.

Seriously, idrin - I don't know what service you have for home phone, but if it's VoIP based, you should be able to log into your account online and blacklist them.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Have you tried talking to the caller's supervisor? I suspect the caller has been given a list of numbers to call and does not have the authority not to call.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2 GHz i7, 4 GB RAM
You can file a complaint with the FCC. A T & T (since they are primarily a communications/phone provider) is regulated by the FCC, and any violations (including telemarketing) by them falls under their jurisdiction. Our state (Texas) also has a Public Utilities Commission, so in Texas a complaint could also be filed with them.

Interestingly enough, I found this out quite by accident when I attempted to file a complaint against Comcast. I learned that Comast is unregulated by anyone -- including the Texas PUC. My only option there was to file a complaint with the local BBB.

When you do file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, though, you will be required to list your requested "resolution," and it usually is in monetary terms. Be prepared for that. In my case, I wanted a free month of Comcast service for what they had done, and the BBB complaint got that for me.

You also can contact your state attorney general's office. They may assist, as well. You'd be surprised what falls under the AG's umbrella.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I suggest the following tactic... (not R-rated, but PG-13 in case anyone is concerned) very funny too...

Telemarketer Revenge - YouTube

That's frikin hilarious. It's giving me some great ideas. However, I could never keep a straight face like him. I would probably be on the floor a minute into that conversation! hahaaa

We have Panasonic cordless phones and they have a built-in number blocking feature, but it seems like as soon as we block a new ATT number, they call from a new one. They also call with 2 different area code- 1(210) and 1(800).

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
In addition to the FCC, your state's Public Utilities Commission should regulate any telephone company. I can tell you from personal experience, that they have intervened on my behalf with Verizon on two different occasions now and forced them to accomplish things that I was told were otherwise impossible.

All I had to do with fill out an online form and wait a week or two.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.