ASUS monitor VK248 to OSx

Reaction score
I am trying to improve the compatibility of ASUS monitor on my Mac mini. The video quality is not great when I screen-recorded the video conversation

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm pretty sure the "video quality" is not a function of the monitor…it's a function of the quality of the video as recorded. If you have a poor-quality video…it is what it is.

- Nick

OP
C
Reaction score
so you saying its the problem with service provide or the type of service that i subscribe or wrong cable?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so you saying its the problem with service provide or the type of service that i subscribe or wrong cable?

When you said "video" in post #1…it was not clear what the source of the video was. e.g. Home video, DVD video, internet video, etc. I thought you meant a home made video or something…since you mentioned…"The video quality is not great when I screen-recorded the video conversation."

This sounds like a video or recording that you made…since you said "I screen recorded the video conversation".

So my point is. If the video was not a high quality video to start with…it will not look like a good quality video regardless of what hardware/monitor it is viewed on.

Maybe you can clarify the source of the video…and what exactly is wrong.

- Nick

OP
C
Reaction score
I am trying to screen-recording the video chat using FaceTime with Quicktime player. I was able to record the video chat but when I play the recording, it was a choppy quality.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am trying to screen-recording the video chat using FaceTime with Quicktime player. I was able to record the video chat but when I play the recording, it was a choppy quality.

From what you're describing...my guess is the quality of the video is not very good to start with...and that's why the video playback is not so great.

This is why when I mentioned earlier...that the video playback quality has nothing to do with the monitor used or the monitor cable used. But it could be the internet service provider (if you have slow internet service)...or it could be the method by which the video is being recorded.

I am not a video recording expert...so I cannot offer suggestions how to improve the recording quality using Facetime & Quicktime player.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.