Assistance with documents

Reaction score
I have an imac using 10.6.8 and an android phone using 4.4.2. I am trying to find a program..app..that will allow me to transfer documents from my imac to my cell phone. I have tried dropbox a couple imes and nothing. It must be me because everyone else can do it. I must be doing something wrong.

Are there any step by step instructions for using dropbox? or does anyone else know of a program I can use to accomplish this task?

ANY assistance would be appreciated

Thanks
ironman1

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Not an Android user so I have no personal experience here but did find this program that seems like it does what you need. There are several other programs at the bottom of that page will seem to have similar capabilities. Hope one of them helps.

OP
I
Reaction score
Might be good but I am having problems installing dropbopx so this program wouldn't work because it says you need to have driopbox for it to work

Thank you

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Might be good but I am having problems installing dropbopx so this program wouldn't work because it says you need to have driopbox for it to work

Thank you

Sorry, I misunderstood your issue. Looks like member Cradom beat me to the punch with a solution again.

Reaction score
Airdroid works great if you use the web interface. They have a standalone app but it's buggy as heck still, at least for me.
Android File transfer is what I use now. Depends on your phone what's best.
Of course you can always remove the microSD, put it in an adapter and use a card reader.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.