Are you buying Iphone 6 ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
are you buying iphone 6 which one plus ? or the other ?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Not buying either since I currently have an iPhone 5S. I upgraded from the iPhone 4, so my next upgrade will likely be whatever the next model is called (iPhone 6S or 7 or whatever)..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz
Currently have a 5, and will probably upgrade to the 6 (regular, not plus). It is just a question of when I cave. Maybe tomorrow...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Like Ashwin, I have a fairly new 5c and will probably wait for the iPhone 7. I certainly don't need the greatest and latest every time Apple refreshes "whatever". Now if someone wants to give me a 6 as a gift..... ;)

Reaction score
Went from:
3G
skipped 3GS
to 4
skipped 4S
was hoping for 5 but 4 broke just days before 5 made it to the stores. Had to take a 4S.
skipped 5
skipped 5S

I'm ready for a 6. Torn between 6 and 6 Plus. 6 size increase might be more than enough awkwardness. But, 6 Plus does have the double-wide feature for landscape email and such that might be sweet. A few more days to debate before purchase. :)

C

chas_m

I got a 5s so I'm under contract until NEXT year, so I'll wait and get the "6s"

BUT ... my wife may be eligible for an upgrade soon (she's on a different carrier to me), so SHE might get the iPhone 6 (she has ZERO interest in the 6 Plus) and then give it to me after 90 days (so we can get it unlocked) and take my iPhone 5s.

But if that doesn't work out, I'm happy to wait a year. The iPhone 5s has been ridiculously awesome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" I7 first one and loving it.
I have the iPhone 4 paid .99 cents for it. My contract is not up till 8/2015. When it is I will get a IP6 unless they have the 5S for .99 cents. Can't seem to pass up a bargain.

C

chas_m

The 5s is 99 bucks now, in September of 2015 it will be free on contract if Apple follows its trends. Your carrier will likely be happy to extend your current agreement one month so you can get the iPhone 5s when it goes free with a renewed contract.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
I am now that Apple has a proper sized phone. Will be trading in our two Motorola RAZR's in Nov when I'm eligible for my upgrade.

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 iMac, iPad Mini, MBP, Air
I started with an iPhone 4S and now have a 5S. I have the Edge plan through Verizon, so I can technically get the 6 for no extra money. I'm waiting for a month or so though. My birthday is mid-October, that seems like a good birthday present. I was Android for a long time and Blackberry before that, so, I'm stoked that Apple is finally incorporating some things that I have missed from the Android phones.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I have the iPhone 4 paid .99 cents for it. My contract is not up till 8/2015. When it is I will get a IP6 unless they have the 5S for .99 cents. Can't seem to pass up a bargain.

Same here. I could upgrade now but might wait a bit. I'm trying to decide whether to jump carrier. AT&T customer service has been fine but signal has been more spotty at times than I like.

Reaction score
Not interested in the 6 or 6 Plus.
Both are too big for me.
The last thing I want is a phone that requires 2 hands to use, and even the 6 is too big for me - maybe I just have short thumbs?
I'm sticking with my 5s, hoping by the time the 7 comes out there will be a size that enables 1-handed use.

A number of women I spoke to say the same thing, although most men seem to be ok with the 6.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm sticking with my 5s, hoping by the time the 7 comes out there will be a size that enables 1-handed use.

You'll probably be holding on to your 5s for a long time then. I doubt Apple will regress back to the smaller size phone. Actually I'm surprised that you don't like the larger phone. Most women seem to like them including my wife.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I am now that Apple has a proper sized phone.
You and I both. I still have my reservations about using an iPhone but I think Apple has done enough to convince me that it's time to migrate over to the platform for doing my telephony.

As someone who is used to a 5" phone, you'd be surprised how easy it is to use with one hand (I've never quite understood this idea that anything larger than an iPhone is unusable). If you use a swipe style keyboard, a 5"+ phone is glorious.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.