Are iProducts and AppleCare from different countries OK?

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying AppleCare for iPhone 6 and rMBP.

Both products were purchased in Canada, but American AppleCare is less expensive.

Will Apple honour US AppleCare for Canadian-bought products in Canada?

Anyone have any experience with this? Cheers!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I believe that you have to purchase Apple Care in the same country that you purchased your Apple product. But don't take my word on this. Give Apple customer service a call or ask at any Apple store in Canada.

If you find that you can purchase Apple Care in the US, we recommend buying it from B&H Photo in New York City. That's where I buy my Apple Care and is usually the best price across the US.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Here in Australia AppleCare must be purchased from Apple Australia or a genuine reseller for it to be recognized. No cheap AppleCare from eBay US or UK.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks Harry, that's what I thought. And by the way, do not ever buy Apple Care from eBay or off Craig's List. Chances are high that you will be ripped off with a fake Apple Care registration number and wind up with zero protection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
If you find that you can purchase Apple Care in the US, we recommend buying it from B&H Photo in New York City. That's where I buy my Apple Care and is usually the best price across the US.

Hi Chscag - thanks for the suggestion above; did not think there were 'bargains' on AppleCare - I've usually just added the plan to my computer & iDevice purchases - will check next time - when I was into film/slide photography years ago, I bought stuff from B&H Photo - Dave :)

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
I purchased a Smart Cover in the US when on a trip, and discovered it was faulty so returned it to a UK store. The Genius explained that they are separate companies (Apple US and Apple UK) so they shouldn't do a swap. But he did, which was good customer service.

If it had been a more expensive product like an iPhone that might have played out differently.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.