Apps not showing up on iphone8+

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac mid-2011, ipad.Air 2', iPhone 8+.
I've downloaded a number of apps, but they don't show up as an icon on my phone. I have to open the Apps folder and find my app and work from there. Why can't I get the icon to show up like some apps do?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
This is not normal behavior. The Apps/Library is just cataloging the apps installed, it shouldn't be the only way to find apps. Newly installed apps always go to the last page on your phone.

Have you restarted your phone recently? Is it running the latest version of iOS that it supports?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Which version of iOS are you running on your iPhone 8+?

If you press on the app icon, it should jiggle, then offer add the app to your home screen or remove the app.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Newly installed apps always go to the last page on your phone.
That depends on the Settings for Home Screen. There is an option to only add new apps to the App Library.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
That depends on the Settings for Home Screen. There is an option to only add new apps to the App Library.
You are correct, ignore me. 😃

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
We most certainly won't ignore you, Ashwin.

As stated, when an app is downloaded, there is a choice - download to home screen or Apps Library; as has been said.

@Bill Gates Jr. It seems clear that you "chose" - wrong word - were possibly mislead as to how/where your new app was to go. As suggested, look in the Apps Library on the last screen.

This article, sort of, explains things:

Ian

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I use folders a lot on my "home" screens so I only have 2 pages plus the Library.
First page has apps I use every day, second has only folders. Not everyone may know you can also put folders on the Dock eg. I have one for Email that contains Apple Mail, Spark and Yahoo Mail (which I use exclusively for online shopping). I have another for web browsers, my default Brave, Safari and Firefox.
All new apps I download to the Library and only move them to a home page if I use them frequently.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.