applying icons

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 17" 2GB Ram, Intel Core Duo
i just downloaded monoliff icons from apple but how do i apply them to the system, or rather where would i drag the file too if I must drag it at all????

-stupid question i know, but i still don't know..???

thanks-

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
I think candybar is the app thats best to use

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
Or if you only want to apply it to individual folders (not ALL folders):

Select one of the folders with custom Monoliff icons.
Get Info (Cmd I)
In the Info window, click on the folder icon at the top left corner; a faint blue outline should appear around it.
Edit > Copy (or Cmd C)

Now go select a folder of which you want the change the icon.
Once again:
Get Info
In the Info window, click on the folder icon at the top left corner; it should have a blue outline.
Edit > Paste (or Cmd V)

Voila, that folder will have the new icon.

To restore that folder's icon, just select the icon in Info and do Edit > Cut (or Cmd X).
I'm not sure why they decided that Cut = "restore to original" though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
^^^ you can do it that way, but candybar is much easier. You can also clear ALL icons at once or one by one if you want to go back to the original. It does cost a little bit of money (all of the company's stuff does :( )

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 17" 2GB Ram, Intel Core Duo
how can i just apply all the icons at once?? it seems that in candybar i must do it one at a time???

thks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
how can i just apply all the icons at once?? it seems that in candybar i must do it one at a time???

thks

either way you have to do one at a time. The plus to candybar is that all the icon locations are there, so you can drag whatever icon to each little box. The manual way you have to open the "Info" pane for each folder/app

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.