Applemusic & Ipod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 Imac OS X 10.11.6 + Iphone 6S
I would like to put downloaded music from Applemusic on an Ipod.
Unfortunatly it does not work.
I can put music i imported from cd's on the ipod without problem.

How can i solve this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Did you purchase the music, or only downloaded it?
Is the device an iPod touch or other iPod?
Did you add the downloaded music to a playlist?

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
At this moment i'm in the 3 months trail period of Applemusic.
I'm using an old ipod Nano 2gen in my car.
If i like an album, i use the "+" button on my iphone te add the album to the library.
The album also appears in itunes on my Imac.
Then after connecting the ipod to the imac i tried to drag the album on the ipod. At this moment nothing happens. If i do this with an album i imported by CD, it works well.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Here you Go:

Bear in mind that you do not own the music; you are renting it in a manner of speaking. If at any time you discontinue your sub to Apple Music - or in your case, not continue with it after the 3 months - you will lose access to all of the music you've saved from the service as well as any playlists from Apple Music. ...

You won't lose any music that you've purchased through iTunes or music you've loaded on your devices from your Mac.

See here for details:

Ian

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is it the DRM that prevents me from putting downloaded music from Applemusic on "non touch" Ipods ?
Can DRM be removed from such downloaded albums?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Is it the DRM that prevents me from putting downloaded music from Applemusic on "non touch" Ipods ?

You can add the downloaded music to an iPod as my first Linked Apple article details. So that you can listen to it offline, as stated in the article.

Yes about DRM; but it's also very carefully laid out in the terms & conditions when one subscribes to Apple Music. There is, as you are now enjoying, a 3 month period which you can use to determine whether this suits your needs, or otherwise.

And No; DRM cannot be removed and even if there was a way, totally illegal and would not be discussed in these forums.

Enjoy what you have for now. Decide whether it suits your needs and your pocket and act accordingly when the three months are up.

Ian

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

Ian has already answered your questions above. Nowadays with Car Play being included with most new vehicles you are better off purchasing music that you would like to play thru your car system. Just sync the music to your Nano or iPhone and car play should recognize the device and play your music.

MeganFang

Reaction score
I would like to put downloaded music from Applemusic on an Ipod.
Unfortunatly it does not work.
I can put music i imported from cd's on the ipod without problem.

How can i solve this problem?
Hi dear, you can use iTunes (Before macOS Catalina):
  1. Download Music to iTunes: First, make sure the music you want to transfer is downloaded and saved in your iTunes library on your computer.
  2. Connect Your iPod: Use a USB cable to connect your iPod to your computer.
  3. Open iTunes: Launch iTunes on your computer. If it doesn't open automatically, you can open it manually.
  4. Select Your iPod: In iTunes, you should see your iPod listed in the top left corner. Click on it to access its settings.
  5. Sync Music: Go to the "Music" tab in your iPod's settings. Here, you can choose to sync your entire music library, specific playlists, albums, or selected artists.
  6. Apply Changes: Click the "Apply" or "Sync" button to start transferring the selected music from your iTunes library to your iPod.
  7. Eject iPod: Once the sync is complete, safely eject your iPod from iTunes before disconnecting it from your computer.

I encountered the same trouble when I downloaded songs from Apple Music with my DumpMedia Apple Music Converter to PC and wanted to transfer them to my iPad. This method did work. You could have a try. Hope it could help you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.