Apple TV & Remote App for devices...

Reaction score
I have my Apple TV setup, it works just fine.

I have the Apple TV Remote App on my iPhone 5S. Works just fine.

But what if I want to add another iPhone? My girl has her own iPhone 5S and she downloaded the Remote App, and we cant figure out how to have her sync up with the Apple TV alongside my phone.

Am I going to run into this same issue with our iPad as well?

Will I only be able to sync my MacBook Air to the Apple TV? I would like to be able to add her MacBook Pro/iTunes info so we could play her movies or music via Airplay.

Any help or advice is appreciated. Thx.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I have both my iPhone and iPad Mini right now open and controlling my ATV3.

You need to have Home Sharing set up, and sign into what I believe will be your iTunes credentials which is running your iTunes and ATV. If it rejects that, then it might be because her iPhone is set up with her iTunes credentials ?? But I just signed into my iPhone Remote just now with my iTunes credentials (i have only ever used iPad Mini)

If that makes sense ??

OP
Luther Mac
Reaction score
I have both my iPhone and iPad Mini right now open and controlling my ATV3.

You need to have Home Sharing set up, and sign into what I believe will be your iTunes credentials which is running your iTunes and ATV. If it rejects that, then it might be because her iPhone is set up with her iTunes credentials ?? But I just signed into my iPhone Remote just now with my iTunes credentials (i have only ever used iPad Mini)

If that makes sense ??

Yes, her iTunes is set up with her iPhone. Here is our setup...

Me: MBA, iPhone 5S (all on my own iTunes)
Her: MBP, iPad3, iPhone 5S (all on her own iTunes)
Shared: ATC, AX, ATV3

My MBA and phone were connecting to the ATV no problem.

Her's wasnt connecting. If ATV's can only link to one iTunes account at a time, that is pretty lame. Because EVERY household has multiple iPhones/iTunes accounts.

Im guessing this is what "Home Sharing" was created for. So families could share data between different iTunes accounts on their home network.

Up until last nite tho, we couldnt get her iPhone to work. Her MBP was working. But not the phone. Messed around with Home Sharing and got it to work. Consider this a user error on our part.

Still cant get her iPad to work. Keeps crashing instantly every time we try to open the Remote App. But I suppose that has more to do with us avoiding iOS8. Things tend to start acting screwy when you dont update immediately.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Good to see you working it out. I would trash the Remote on her MBP and re-install it and see if that makes a difference. You will be surprised.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.