Apple One Family Plan Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
Hi
My iCloud account covers myself (obvs) and 2 other family members - my wife and daughter.

I recently decided to upgrade to the Apple One Family Plan so they can access all the services I subscribe to.

However when they open up Music and Apple TV and then sign in, they are greeted with the "try it free" option. I would have thought they would immediately have full access.

We've gone through all the procedures (i.e. they got the text message from me to click and share the plan). Is this normal? Can anyone else with the family sharing plan confirm before I go through the rigmarole that is contacting Apple Support?

thanks as usual, Nick

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Have the others log out completely of the devices and sign back in to see if that will get things sorted. Do you see your family listed as members on your plan?

OP
nickyr
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
thanks Ashwin

1. yes they have signed out and back in
2. yes both appear in my family listing.

They've both got access to the extra storage too so the plan is "seeing" them - just a bit odd with the Music and TV apps.

Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.