Apple Maps question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 MacBook Pro, 15", i9, 32GB RAM, Monterey
I have started to use Apple Maps as navigation software on my vehicle but ran into simple but annoying problem. How do I rename a Favorite?

If I add someplace that I find while driving, perhaps a nice camping spot or a scenic overlook Apple Maps gives it the name it wants - sometimes Marked Location - and I want to give it a name meaningful to me. But no matter what I have tried I have not found any way to rename a Favorite. How can I do that?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
On the main page of Maps you will see the search bar and a list of favorites. Click on Sell All to see all of your favorites. Then click on the (i) icon next to the one you want to rename, which should bring up a new panel and you can modify the Label to be what you want.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 MacBook Pro, 15", i9, 32GB RAM, Monterey
On the main page of Maps you will see the search bar and a list of favorites. Click on Sell All to see all of your favorites. Then click on the (i) icon next to the one you want to rename, which should bring up a new panel and you can modify the Label to be what you want.

Thank you.

I always suspected it would be simple but I just never figured out how.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.