Apple Mail Questions

Reaction score
Hi all

I finally got my IMAP accounts setup on my new laptop. One thing that is really annoying is that when I am scrolling through messages, the unread ones are all turned to read messages just for scrolling through them?

Is there anyway to set that the messages would wait at least a second or two before marking as read?

OP
S
Reaction score
another question is... what does it mean when a message is highlighted blue? Is there an apple mail faq site?

Reaction score
Hi all

I finally got my IMAP accounts setup on my new laptop. One thing that is really annoying is that when I am scrolling through messages, the unread ones are all turned to read messages just for scrolling through them?

Is there anyway to set that the messages would wait at least a second or two before marking as read?

Doesn't Mail have a feature like Outlook where you can set the amount of time that a message is displayed before it's marked as read?

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi All,

Got some new question...

In the "mailbox behaviors" menu, what does it do if you tick off the "Store Notes In Inbox" checkbox? What does this tell Apple Mail to do?

Also, is there any way to stop Mail from keeping a copy of my sent messages? Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.