Apple Mail Offline Problems

Reaction score
Since updating to Yosemite my outgoing email accounts have gone haywire. Three imap accounts and one pop account show offline against 'outgoing mail server' SMTP. They come and go, too - Gmail & one of my Yahoo accounts sometimes go online so I am able to send some mail. I have checked out many of the options suggested by other users, like deleting and setting up accounts again etc. Does anyone have a solution or do I need to wait for Apple to correct Yosemite? Thanks for any help available

M

MacInWin

Are you updated to 10.10.1? Your problem sounds more like network drop out. If you are on WiFi, 10.10.1 was supposed to make it more reliable. I've had no problems with it, so I can't say if it actually fixed anything.

OP
G
Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for getting back to me.
I don't believe I'm getting network drop outs. One of the 4 accounts (a Yahoo one) which wouldn't send, is now back & working perfectly since yesterday. Everything was working fine before Yosemite & I have 10.10.1 installed. Why Gmail, another Yahoo & a POP account will not send remains a mystery.
Any other ideas would be gratefully received
Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.