Apple Macbook 13" Problem

Reaction score
Hello,
I have an Apple Macbook (13 inches) running OS X (10.5.8).

A couple of months ago, I dropped the macbook (whilst open) off the sofa (about a metre). Ever since then, when I open the macbook and pull the screen backwards so that I can see it ... the screen turns black. Sometimes I can vaguely see what's on the screen, other times just complete black.

If I press the back of the screen at the bottom and pull the screen back, it works for a while but then once again turns black.

I thought I could deal with this until after finising university but no, it is starting to get on my nerves. Does anybody know what might be the problem? Or if i could get anything fixed/replaced?

Thanks for your help! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Your best bet at getting it fixed is by going to an apple store and having the geniuses look at it.
They can tell you whats wrong, and then you can still decide if you want to try fixing it yourself.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like either the connection to the display itself is intermittent or to the backlight. Either way, it means disassembling the display panel in order to check the connections or effect repairs.

If you take it on in to Apple they will charge you for the troubleshooting and repair since you dropped it. Accidental falls are not covered by the warranty. If you think you can do the repairs yourself go to the following web site, look up your year model MacBook, and look for the step by step instructions on how to change out the display panel.

iFixit: Apple Mac, MacBook, iPod, and iPhone Repair Parts

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.